Past exams

Hi all,

Is there a place where we can find MANY past exams ? I am about to sustain the written test without having followed the lectures and I need some material to exercise.

In the professor website I could find exercises but only one real past exams.

Comments

• MindFlyerMindFlyer Posts: 436
    You can browse the old forum and see if you find anything. Look for threads with the [LING] tag.
  • pedr0pedr0 Posts: 13
    Do you know by any change if it is possible to bring the book (ALSU) during the written exam ?
  • MindFlyerMindFlyer Posts: 436
    edited January 2017
    I don't know. Who's the professor?
  • JokerJoker Posts: 82
    edited January 2017
    Last year it wasn't possible with Corradini. I don't think things have changed.
  • pedr0pedr0 Posts: 13
    Oks, quite a lot of stuff to remember though, do you any hint for the written test ? I couldn't follow the lectures as I am a working student, any suggestions ?

It seems to be to be impossible to remember all the STUFF, what shall I focus on ?
  • JokerJoker Posts: 82
    edited January 2017
    Don't worry, the course material is exhaustive and good to pass the exam without following the lessons. The slides are quite verbose, study on them and read the related chapters of the book (usually the dragon book) when you don't understand something or to have a more complete explanation of an algorithm. Time for written exam is short and things to write are many. You'll need to be as fast and precise as you can so do a lot of exercises. Luckly, a big part of the written exam is pretty standard and methodic. You need to well understand the algorithms for the test and all the rest for the oral exam.
    However, the course is huge I know, we all have been in the same boat. :tongue:
  • pedr0 wrote: »
    Hi all,

Is there a place where we can find MANY past exams ? I am about to sustain the written test without having followed the lectures and I need some material to exercise.

In the professor website I could find exercises but only one real past exams.

Corradini changed the structure of the course last year, so I don't think you will find a lot of material online. Maybe if you are lucky some student has uploaded his written exam.